Join Us for an In-Person
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
Thursday, January 11
6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Upper Keys Center of the College of the Florida Keys
MM 106 Bayside, Key Largo
In today's competitive business landscape, designing effective websites and digital experiences for your customers and prospects is a game-changer. Join us for this interactive workshop, Mastering Digital Design Essentials for Business Professionals, to learn the fundamentals of impactful design and the critical questions to ask digital designers before you hire them. You'll put these concepts into practice through collaborative exercises with fellow attendees, and learn from real-world scenarios during the Q&A portion.
This workshop is designed for business owners, entrepreneurs, marketing professionals, and anyone interested in elevating their brand through effective digital design. You will walk away with a solid grasp of digital design essentials so you can harness design as a strategic asset, and ensure any designers you hire align with your vision, goals and expectations.
No prior design experience is required! Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops or other devices to participate in interactive design activities.
- Understand how a well-designed website can enhance perception of your brand and engage your customers to drive business success.
- Explore the role of impactful visuals and design elements in shaping your brand's identity and influencing customer behavior.
- Learn fundamental design concepts, including color theory, typography, layout and visual hierarchy.
- Understand how to strike a balance between timeless design and current design trends.
- Discover creative techniques to visually communicate your brand's unique value proposition to set it apart from the competition.
- Learn how to adapt your design for various digital platforms, including websites, social media and email.
- Understand the importance and nuances of responsive design for best user experience.
- Learn the crucial questions to ask digital designers before you hire them.
- Participate in hands-on activities to help you put theory into practice.
Mark your calendars and reserve your seat now!
In lieu of a participation fee, please consider making a donation with your registration. Donations support our Adult Women's Scholarship Fund for working women who reside in the Upper Keys.
About Your Workshop Leader
Paige K. Connor is a designer, strategist, and founder of pkcxstrategy, a customer experience and visual strategy consultancy.
Paige devotes most of her consulting and workshops to helping organizations create strategic, forward-looking, innovative and compelling customer experiences across multiple platforms and forms of engagement. Her 20+ year career has included print, digital, product management and innovation for clients such as Bloomberg LP, Gannett, University of Florida, Ball State University, REALTOR, hospitals and healthcare providers, industry leading holding companies, startups, industry associations and more.
In addition to her client work, Paige serves as president and chair of the SND Foundation, the charitable arm of the Society for News Design, whose focus is on supporting students and young professionals, promoting and facilitating design and visual storytelling practices for accessibility, and creating a standard of inclusive design.
You can learn more about Paige on her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paigekconnor/